Pages

Quarter-Life Crisis (Not a DC event)

To reiterate, the comic is actually named after one of my closest friends GMA reporter Julius Segovia, the non-creator often asked to sign copies of our comics.





Uy! Kamusta!

I almost got myself working as a marketing officer in a comics store had I not said “yes” a day earlier to a reportorial position in business paper. You might say, “What the? He applied a job in a comics store?” The things twentysomethings do amid a quarter-life crisis, the time when we may have to choose one dream over the other. That includes creating a comic series ---Segovia Solutions--- which pretty sums up my experiences as a journalist and a call center agent and my hunger for solutions to our country's cyclical problems.


Rainmaker, the country's defender against storms. Artwork by Tin Manasan. Made in Singapore.
Over the weekend, my issue number 2 artist Tin Manasan sent some of her killer sketches from Singapore. I don't  know if as an OFW, she is facing the same crisis as I am. What I am certain though is that she, along with my issue 1 artist Jether Amar, issue 3 artist Val Calma and upcoming Amy Batong Bakal artist Adrian Herbuela, is helping me fulfill one of my lifetime dreams.


Hmmm...at least I don't have a crisis of creative supply. Uy!

No comments:

Post a Comment